Life has been crazy busy! I mean CRAZY busy! The best way to sum up the last month is by bullet points.....
• Sadly, the world said goodbye to a great man whom I considered to be like a granddad to me. His funeral was beautiful and he will be missed by all!
• I survived some crazy snow! {It took me two hours to dig my car out of the first storm and I broke my ice scraper...}
• I had dinner with a fabulous friend who was in town, Meggi. Although we have weekly catch up chats, it was great to finally get to see her in person! After dinner we went to visit Emily and her fiance at the hospital. He had a hip replacement just the day before and was in great spirits! It was fun to catch up and keep them company for awhile!
• My boss knows how much I love OU football and gave me this
{That's an autographed picture of Demarco Murray, one of our running backs for the last 4 years}
• I went to this craft fair, "Affair of the Heart" with my mom and picked up some really great finds!
• I spent Valentines Day with pizza and brownies {is there really a better way?}
• I crossed something off of my bucket list and saw the Beauty and the Beast Musical. Our seats were super far away, but it was a great night!
• I signed up for the Fundraising Committee at work and have spent COUNTLESS hours working on posters! Next up is our hair/fashion show scheduled for April 14th. OMG I'm stressing about it already!
• I made the decision that I am giving up sweets for Lent! And also that I'm running the OKC Memorial 5K!
• I climbed a rock wall for the first time. {funny story}
- The rope that holds you for rock climbing is like a retractable cord. Basically when you get to the top of the wall, you are supposed to just let go and drop while you repel. I got to the top of my first climb and couldn't do it...so I climbed back down. The second climb up was a race. I hesitated at the top {resulting in a loss}, screamed, and then dropped. I'm sure the rest of the gym really enjoyed my 6 am squeal! The 3rd time was a charm; although I hesitated, I closed my eyes and kept my lips sealed as I fell to the cushioned matt. It was a great experience! I thought rock climbing was so much fun {even though my forearms didn't think so for days after} and I hope to do it again very soon! Maybe even on a bigger scale!
• I got my annual spray tan {why is that you feel so much better about yourself when your tan?}
• I was fortunate enough to celebrate my birthday with some of the most amazing people in my life!
{this picture is missing Emily}
• See that BEAUTIFUL necklace I'm wearing above? Two of the most important people in my life {D & Ev} gave me that as a birthday present. Is it not the most amazing piece of jewelry? Here, let me give you a more up close look.
{That still doesn't do it justice!}
• My hair is the longest it has been in 5 years and I am having MAJOR MAJOR urges to chop it all off!
• I finally picked up my business cards!!
{my number is directly under my name and my email for my events is in the bottom right corner}
{erinsanchezevents@gmail.com}
• I spent my actual birthday eating lunch with some great friends, shopping with my mom, and eating dinner with my parents. The night ended in receiving a Red Velvet Cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory. OMG heaven!
• Emily asked me to be a Bridesmaid and I am SO FREAKING excited! I feel so honored to be a part of their special day! Bring on wedding talk galore!!
• Most weeks this month I haven't been able to keep up with my DVR or my blogs in G-reader {I once reached 658 unread blog posts...that took a good few hours to go through!}
• I celebrated my birthday with my brother at dinner where everyone who waited on us thought we were dating. {this happens to us often since we don't look that much alike}
• I worked the most consecutive days since I've been employed at my new job {that's 2 weeks out of the 7 weeks I've worked there!}
• I went out on a limb and have tried some new things recently:
• Blood Oranges - not a fan
• A new kind of coffee at Starbucks {White Chocolate Mocha} - OMG. delicious
• A new sushi roll. It had cream cheese on it. {That's VERY daring for me...it's a texture thing} -
the roll was pretty fabulous!
• I bought a grape fruit to try - that's happening tomorrow morning
• I finished Bootcamp!!! I'm actually really sad about this. People think I'm crazy for that...that's fine. But I'm kind of dreading having to work out on my own now. Someone telling me what to do and for how long and counting/timing me was really nice! My post assessment is on Monday....I'm anxious to see my results!
• Did I mention that I had sushi 3 times this week and am having it a 4th time on Tuesday?! L-O-V-E it!
I'd like to say I'm going to be a better blogger, but honestly I've ran out of blogging steam. I just don't have the time or energy to think of creative things to post everyday! I'm afraid, for the time being, I'll be spotty!
Hope your February was fabulous!!


1 comment:
LOVE your new business cards! Good for you! :) AND YAY for you being a part of Em's big day! I love wedding talk and am excited to see what yall come up with :) SO very happy you're enjoying your job still!
Post a Comment