March 30, 2011

monthly check in.

Here I am for my monthly check in. {it really does make me kind of sad I don't have more time to blog}

Just as I feel life is starting to slow down a little, it's getting ready to pick back up again. {thank God because I'm starting to get bored! ha}

So. for the quick {who am I kidding} month recap.... {along with the tangents}

It's been an interesting month...

• I finished boot camp and had pretty good results. I'm starting it again next week and I KNOW I will do sooo much better this time!

• I have come to the realization that friendships are an interesting thing. I feel like as I get older I want to hang on to them even more, while my friends want to let go of them to make room for their husbands/new family. Maybe I'm just at a different stage in life than the rest of them.

With some friendships, I'm at the point of throwing my hands in the air and saying, "I can't do it anymore!" I can't always be the one making the phone calls, asking people to do things while feeling like I'm forcing them against their will.

Whatever happened to girls' night out? I LOVE EVERYONE's {well most everyone's} significant other, but sometimes I just want a night out with the girls. A night to go out, dance, drink a lot, and just not have a worry in the world. I miss those nights a lot.

• I've learned that being happy with your job makes a HUGE difference in your life.

• I got to meet a somewhat idol of mine...The Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond. I didn't think I was one to be celebrity-shy, but omg. I was a stumbling idiot when I met her!

• I gave up sweets for Lent!! {no, I'm not catholic, but I love challenging myself during this time} I'm officially half way through and I must say I'm pretty proud of myself. Of course I have the craving every now and then, but I've been able to use restraint....which isn't normally a word in my vocabulary when it comes to food.

• I had a wonderful night out with friends at The Wormy Dog to see Pat Green sing. His songs flooded our ipods during many college summers and the concert brought back soooo many fabulous memories!

• I took off a Saturday and spent it wedding shopping with the BF emily. It went fabulous and I am getting more and more excited every day for their wedding!

• My mom and I rented a Rug Doctor and cleaned my carpets for the first time in...I'm embarrassed to even say this...5 years. OMG the results are AMAZING!

• I survived a 14 hour work day.... That might be the most I've ever worked in one day, but I loved every second of it!! {did I just say that? Who am I?}

• I reminisced with some friends I hadn't gotten to see in awhile. One of them mentioned to me that I just looked happier than she had ever seen me. I told her I was. As I left her house that night, I drove in silence and thought to myself, You know what. Probably for the first time in my life, I can say that I really am happy with life in general. It's really kind of a crazy feeling.

While catching up with friends I tried one of these for the first time....
A Margarona {but with a Pacifico instead of a Corona} ... it was interesting.



• St. Patrick's Day!

oh...I got bangs {or fringe as they call it in the cosmetology world}, I've decided I'm not really a fan and they are fast approaching the side swoop stage again! YAY!

• I had somewhat {Ok who am I kidding} strongly become addicted to Starbuck's White Chocolate Mocha. OMG that thing is amazing. However, the $5 dent it was making every day into my bank account wasn't...so Saturday I bought an extra large one and told myself it was my last... I can say that on Sunday morning I went to Target and walked by the Starbucks without so much as an urge to get one!  Here we are on day 3...Baby steps people, baby steps!

April's going to be a pretty exciting month!

• I'm in FULL FUNraising {yes we spell it without the d} mode at work. Our fashion show is 2 short weeks away {that's the biggest of 3 events I'm planning in the next month} and we have a long ways to go!  We're $5,000 off of what my personal goal is for the school, but I think we can do it in the 3 weeks we have left....keep your fingers crossed!

• Hitting the half way mark during Lent means I am on the downward slide to Easter and I better get to deciding what my first dessert will be! ha

• I'm going to run the 5k at the OKC Memorial Marathon. It'll be my first of the season...and my first chance at reaching my goal of under 30 minutes.

Can I just tell you how happy I am that it's finally Spring. This week has been disgusting, but it only gets better from here! I can't wait to run and take long walks after work!

Check ya'll later!

p.s. this post has taken me 3 days to write....I need more hours in the day!

No comments: