November 1, 2010

once in a lifetime.

I kind of had 2 once in a lifetime moments in the last 2 weeks.

2 weekends ago I went to Arlette's Wedding. It was seriously one of the most amazing weddings I've been to and I will probably never go to another one like it again. just crazy.

Beautiful Bride....even after hours of dancing and drinking

The Guest Book Table

One of the food tables {I believe the Mediterranean food}


One of the like 17 different centerpieces

This ice sculpture served us glasses of champagne as we walked in the door

This was over the dance floor

This woman looked EXACTLY like Kim G from RHONJ



The band was from Nashville and they were AMAZING

Her now husband is from Greece {so is her Mother too}, so there were tons of people who came to the States for the wedding. They did a great job of blending his background and hers too. There was Greek music, Greek dancing, and even Greek food! It was awesome!


I had so much fun and met so many wonderful people that night! What a great experience!


------------------


This weekend was also fabulous.


FRIDAY
I found out that I was going to the World Series Game 4 on Sunday Night!


I also went to a Halloween party. I was "Devil with a Blue Dress On" by Mitch Ryder.
{excuse the retarded face I'm making}




I like the idea, but I'm not sure everyone at the party got it. 
I finished the night at a local dive bar for "Scary-oke" and then to Fuzy's to cap off the night with a Fuzzy-navel. {mmmm}


------------------------


SATURDAY was game day. It didn't start till 8pm, which was crazy! Since I was leaving at 6 to head to Dallas, I was able to get in a few hours of tailgating! 


GDO #4
{It was a simple outfit this weekend as I was totally unprepared for the 80 degree weather}


I'm glad added another W to the record....


oh...and did you see the Texas Baylor game?  {ouch!}


SUNDAY could have been one of the best days I've had in a VERY VERY LONG time!


My morning started at




I was so proud of myself and used great restraint in what I purchased. 
• Euro Pillows for my bed
• Closet organizers for my scarves and tank tops
• Some new serving bowls and plates!


After Ikea, we headed to the Allen Premier Outlet Shops.... {by far the best outlet shops I have ever been to}
This maybe wasn't a great idea. I could have spent a whole month's worth of paychecks in just 2 short hours. But once again I used great restraint {if you call buying a Coach purse restraint} and only came away with this.




isn't she beautiful?


Our final stop before the big game was HomeGoods. I read about this store ALL over other blogs so I was super excited to go! 
The doors opened and I was in awe. Serious awe. 
It was as great as I imagine! 


I only walked away with a cooling rack {for all that baking I do...ha}, but lets just say if money and the size of our car weren't obstacles, most of the store would have come home with me =)


on to the most important part of the day....




WORLD SERIES GAME 4


My dad lucked into tickets from work. I'm not the biggest baseball fan, but I knew this was a once in a lifetime experience and I couldn't pass it up {even if it meant missing some tailgating and the first quarter of the OU game}




We sat on the 2nd to last row in the ballpark. It might have been breezy, but we had one awesome view of the whole place.



We waited in like for 40 minutes for some memorabilia {none of which was even for me}, ate tons of baseball food {peanuts, hot dogs, and pretzels}, and I might have indulged in a few Sunday night beers! {I was on vacation!}




We watched the former President Bushs' throw out the first pitch to my 2nd favorite Texas Ranger, Nolan Ryan {Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez is my first...I LOVED baseball in my younger years}




Sadly we weren't the best of luck for the Rangers...3 hits during a game isn't going to get you the W 9 out of 10 times. But the fans were there till the last second!


I'm so glad I got to experience this with my family. It was an unexpected check off the bucket list! 



I'm spending the rest of my 4 day weekend {thank you Election Day and the World Series} catching up on household duties...blah!

No comments: