November 26, 2010

day 20.

I was always sad growing up that I didn't have a name that allowed for a great nickname. 

My dad always has the most creative/sweet, somewhat embarrassing names for me. 
 - EBson - This lasted until I was about 12 and told him that was embarrassing.
 - Gorgeous - I'm often greeted with a "hello gorgeous!" when I call. 

Everyone else calls me "E".  
I've grown to love it over the years and have become pretty particular on who has the right to call me that.

That nickname has also cause quite the collection of "e's" in my house. They are displayed all around, and although I had almost 50 of them at one time. I put a halt on any and all purchases of them made by me and others and even sold quite a few at a garage sale this summer.

I'm looking forward to being "Aunt-E" to all my friends future kids!

No comments: