Finally I have recovered from the flu, not a full 100%, but close enough.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BEGINNINGS
Close enough to start Bootcamp this morning! I'm crazy. It's at 5:30am 3 days a week {one of which I don't work on} I just about died this morning during the cardio portion {thanks flu}, but the rest of it wasn't bad {minus the push ups}.
I had my pre-assessment this afternoon and was ok with the results. I had to do 1 minute push ups and sit ups and was pretty impressed with how well I did considering how much I have NOT worked out in 2011.
The trainer set what I think is a pretty steep decrease for my body fat percentage....little nervous bout that.
The class is 4 weeks long, ending just in time to look fabulous for my birthday! {Did you know the countdown has already started? 28 days}
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CHANGES
I didn't really set any resolutions for 2011, I never stick to them anyways, but I did decided I wanted to make some changes.
1. To be more positive. 2010 was rough and I found a lot of reasons to be negative. But I wiped that away on January 1st and have found a positive work environment and am doing a great job of looking at the positives in life!
2. One of my biggest challenges with being single is cooking for 1. I was the queen of Lean Cuisines for many many years, but now that I have a knack for cooking I want to use my stovetop more than my microwave!
SO in 2011 I decided that on Mondays {my last day of the weekend} I would cook 1-2 meals and those would serve as my lunches and dinners throughout the week. {Yes this means getting over my fear of leftovers, but also learning to make things that make for good left overs or have quick and easy single serving preparations}
One of these recipes is usually on my menu twice a month. Ratatouille. I never really knew what it was until a friend of mine made it for me and now I'm hooked!
Here's how I make it!
Pour Extra Virgin Olive Oil {EVOO} into a Large Pot. Finely chop a 1/4 of an onion {I just use whatever color onion I have in the fridge} and place in the pot. Turn the heat to medium and cook the onions until they are fragrant {a minute or so}
Thinly slice 1 zucchini and roughly chop 1 Roma tomato.
Pour 2 cans of diced tomatoes, zucchini, and Roma tomato into the pot
Pour water into the pot until the vegetables are mostly covered
Turn heat up all the way and bring to a boil
Boil for another 20-30 minutes until most of the water has evaporated and looks like this
See how its thick?!
That's it! Suuuuper simple!
I'm a pretty picky eater and get nervous to change food if I like it the way it is, but you could add all sorts of different veggies to this {squash and some black olives would be yummy}.
Once it's done, I use a 1 cup measuring cup and divide the ratatouille into individual serving sizes.
When I'm home for dinner I usually cook up some whole grain pasta and sprinkle some parmesan with it to add substance or I bake some chicken the night before, add it to the tupperware, and then take it to work and heat it up for lunch.
I'm sure it'd be a great side dish to any meal!
I'm also making Chicken Tamale Casserole. Hopefully it turns out good!
No comments:
Post a Comment