January 15, 2011

Wedding

It's kind of been a crazy beginning to 2011 so bare with me as my posts are SUPER sporadic!


So on to what has consumed most of my free time since June.

I planned my first wedding from {virtually} start to finish for this lovely couple to the right.

I met Allyson in June, 3 months after she had gotten engaged and all she had done was pick a date and a venue.

What started out as "I'll help you out a bit" turned into full-fledge designing and planning...and I loved EVERY SECOND of it!

Through the process we became great friends and I am so truly blessed to have been such a huge part of their day.

It was my goal in this whole process to keep them from stress not only while planning, but especially on the day of the wedding.





Unfortunately, because I was running around like a mad woman most of the day, I didn't get a chance to take many any pictures!

I had some AMAZING helpers the day of, and let me tell you that without them, NONE of the day would have been possible!

I knew this wedding would be special when only 30 guests off the "official list" replied no!

We were expecting 25 people over the venue's limit and weary of the weather since January is one of the many crazy weather months in Oklahoma. But the weather turned out PERFECT and every guest somehow fit into that chapel {I'm still not sure how}!

Like I said, I didn't take many pictures, so here's a few of my favorites that people so kindly posted on Facebook! {what did we do before fb?}

REHEARSAL/REHEARSAL DINNER

{the venue - Thunderbird Chapel}

{They're just precious}

 {This is at the Rehearsal Dinner...most groomsman got "iced" by the groom in their gift, but this gentleman, an usher, was "iced" by the 8 year old Ring Bearer/Jr. Groomsman....it was one of the most hilarious moments I've seen in a very long time!}

WEDDING DAY

THE DRESS



 CEREMONY
{I'm sad that I didn't take pictures of the Chapel, I really hope the Photographer got some good ones, because the the sides of the Chapel were lined with hundreds of candles, it was gorgeous with the lights turned down low!}

{This was the reception room. In all honesty, this picture doesn't really do it justice, the colors are WAY off and there were no lights on during. Also, attached to the building ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THIS PICTURE was a tent. It was lined with Christmas lights and filled with bistro tables and the bar!}


{This moment might have stolen the night! The Ring Bearer/Jr. Groomsman AKA THE ONE WHO ICED THE USHER requested MONTHS PRIOR TO THE WEDDING that he be able to karaoke "Chicken Fry" at the end of the night. His wish was granted and it was one of the greatest moments of the night. He even ran around the circle guests had gathered in and high-fived everyone. JUST AWESOME!}

I can't even begin to explain how much fun I had during those 48 hours {really the whole 6 months of planning}. I will say it was odd to be the only sober one at the wedding, but I definitely had my own kind of fun! 

The best moment of the whole weekend was the bride and groom, and even their families, telling me what an awesome time they had and how stress free they felt. 

My goal was accomplished!

I hope to do this for many more brides to come....more information on this coming in the future!

PS. of course I plan on posting professional pictures {so you can REALLY get the picture} once they're done!

No comments: