A friend recommended me for a job opportunity.
I must first say a few things:
I had only been unemployed for a few weeks and honestly hadn't really thought twice about finding a new job.
I was in the HEART of wedding planning and felt that preparing for these interviews on top of my "wedding brain" was incredibly stressful.
I got sick in the middle of both interviews.
I like the job, but wasn't as excited as I felt like I should be.
In all honesty, I could have tried harder to get this job.
But...God's plan was different for me. I sat down for my 2nd interview and was hired within the first 30 seconds. I was so caught off-guard. It was 5 days before the wedding and my brain couldn't process it all.
I kept getting asked if I was excited and I was {even though I didn't show it}, but I couldn't think of anything besides wedding stuff.
The wedding came and went and I had 2 days {I now work Tuesday-Saturday} to gather myself and my life before I started the 9-5 life again {my schedule is actually pretty close to that...it's fabulous}.
I've now been through the whole first week, and although I haven't REALLY gotten into what I'll exactly be doing, this job is unlike anything other I have ever experienced.
It is THE MOST positive and happy place, like seriously, all the time. I was there for 5 days straight and never saw a frown...not once! A few employees who have been recently hired vouched for this happiness and said it is seriously like this all the time.
I felt more wanted, appreciated, and loved in these last 5 days than I ever have at a job before. I was praised every day and told when I did a great job on something. It was insane. I didn't even know how to respond...I ended their comments with a nervous laughter and a shy "thank you".
SO what exactly am I doing?
You're looking at the newest Financial Aid Counselor {at least that's the best way to describe it} at a local cosmetology school!
It's really just craziness!
I prefaced this post with a few things, ending in that I wasn't that excited nor did I try my absolute hardest for this job. I regret that. HOWEVER, I am so blessed that God, despite that, still chose for me to receive this job.
It's funny how God's plan works...I've seen it so many times in the last few weeks.{another story coming this week!} I lost my job just as the wedding planning got intense {looking back I'm not sure how I would have done both} and then was blessed to start a new job just as the wedding was over. Ironic?
This is just what I needed...to work in a happy environment, to be around happy people, to make new friends! It just couldn't have been more perfect. I'm excited to see what's next in my life!
I really truly believe that everything really does happen for a reason!
1 comment:
Yay!! i need another job update!! I wanna hear the details :)
Post a Comment