May 26, 2010

#5

I love being busy.

I love having an awesome social life.

I love my job.

But it is all finally starting to wear on me. I’m starting to have to remind myself to take a deep breath and that the tightness in my chest will fade away.

It’s frustrating because I WANT to be doing all of it! I just need to manage my time better…..or request that the days start being 30 hours instead of 24…..or convince my body it doesn’t need to sleep more than 2 hours a night.

I have never looked more forward to a weekend of nothing than I am this weekend {although it’s not really nothing, I mean c’mon it is Memorial Day}. But it’s a 3-day weekend and those words have never sounded sweeter.

Last weekend was awesome. One of the most tiring, but awesome weekends.

THURSDAY

For about the last month, Julia’s boyfriend, N, and I have been planning a surprise going away party for her {she moved to El Salvador for the summer this past Saturday}.

Julia believed her party was Friday night, so when she left work Thursday afternoon with plans to eat at Benvenuti’s for dinner, I knew we were golden.

The weather turned out to be perfect, so we set up chairs on the drive way and patiently waited for her as all of the guests arrived.

When she pulled up the street, she got out of her car in complete shock!

SUCCESS!!

32078_813234838797_9601041_44173525_7666596_n{sorry for the blurriness…I think I was wobbling in excitement} 

N had Mediterranean Imports & Deli cater the party and it was quite fabulous.

32078_812761986397_9601041_44154533_4080832_n

I spent FRIDAY night with this lovely lady planning our BF’s Bachelorette Party.

We broke into D’s house, decorated, cleaned, made red velvet cupcakes….and might have watched an episode of The Hills.

SATURDAY

I woke up early and headed to Edmond for my friend Hannah’s wedding shower. It was at this amazing house {the people had moved in 4 days prior to the shower and the house was decorated IMMACULANTLY!}, there was great food, and it was so great to catch up with all the people I hadn’t seen in awhile.

I raced back to Norman to run some last minute errands for D’s big night and then headed over to her house to finish setting up.

I have to say the night couldn’t have gone any better! I was curious to see how all these different groups of people from all stages of her life would blend, but let me just tell you everyone was awesome!32078_813235228017_9601041_44173557_4072542_n

We had more fun then you probably should have at our age;  and the aches and tiredness I we all felt the next day were MORE than worth it!

SUNDAY

There is no better morning than one where you sit around and  look at pictures you don’t remember taking reminisce from the night before.

the rest of my day was filled with Wedding “To Do’s” and lots of DVR catching up!

On the agenda this weekend: Wedding planning, SATC2, sun, and drinking!

and hopefully having the time and energy to come up with some posts that aren’t about how busy I am all the time!

No comments: