December 5, 2010

History in the making.

I love to attend things that I know are going to make History {especially in sports} and this weekend I got to do that!

Yesterday marked the last {until further notice at least} Big XII Championship game. To make it an even more monumental night the two teams that played, OU and Nebraska, have a rivalry that is rare.

Dating back to 1912 when the two teams had their first meeting, OU leads the rivalry 44-38-3 {now 45-38-3}. There have been some quite amazing games, players, and coaches between these two college football powerhouses over the many years, they are both so rich in tradition, and honestly have some great fanbases! There was no better way to end the Big XII and it's Championship game than with a game between these two.

First and foremost...

THE FINAL GDO OF THE 2010 SEASON!!


My dad lucked into our tickets from his work. We knew they'd be great, but seriously had no idea HOW great.

The game was at Dallas Cowboy's Stadium {aka Jerry's World}. If you haven't been there before, it is quite spectacular; However, I find the enormous 50 yard screen distracting as hell!

We started our trek to Dallas Late Saturday morning, and wound our way thru Arlington to find our parking lot. When we pulled up we were in shock. We were parking so close to the stadium that they had to search our car....


We were fortunate enough to be invited to this Dr. Pepper Pre-Game Gala thing. We had free food and and drinks for a good 3 hours before the game, watched the bands practice and even caught some glimpses of the South Carolina Auburn game.


We left the gala for our seats about an hour before game time...Thank God we did because we walked around the whole stadium trying to find out seats. {Jerry needs a little help on his sinage or maybe we had just had one too many drinks}

We ended up find out section by going through this, what I called "secret hallway".


We found our seats and there was not a thing to complain about!


{12 rows up on the 40 yard line ain't too shabby}
Dad and I before the game

{I'm interrupting the great time for a small rant} This is the 2nd time I've been to Cowboy's stadium for an OU game and for the 2nd time I was asked to sit down during the game. Granted the first time was by a 60 year old woman, but this time it was a by a 30-something lady. 
First off. Are you joking me? This is a college football game. You are SUPPOSED to stand and cheer for your team for all 4 hours! And Second. If for some odd reason you don't feel like standing and cheering, there is a freaking GIANT screen above your head....WATCH THAT. Don't you dare tell me to sit down....it only makes me stand longer =) {She's lucky she told me to sit down when we were starting to play better...the 60 year old woman at the BYU game wasn't so lucky}
{ok. end of rant}

My favorite part of the pre-game

The game was stressful to say the least. I just about pulled my hair out through most of it! But our defense played amazing and through the 2nd half we had some awesome plays. I love action shots so I snapped a few of us cheering...some are kind of hilarious/scary.






All through the 2nd half I still thought we were going to lose, I didn't breath a sigh of relief and really get excited until our 2nd to last snap of the game.

ah...victory




 What a FABULOUS night! And I can't imagine having spent it with anyone else!


I'm one lucky girl...let me tell ya!


No comments: