We started out at Red Cup, so Juls could pick up a cup of joe. It's a cute little "hippie" coffee joint almost in the heart of the Asian District.
After shopping a few stores in Nichols Hills, we stopped at Cool Greens for lunch. I was happy and disappointed with this place. The restaurant was so airy and relaxing and it was great to pick out my own ingredients {even though I'm like the plainest eater ever}. However, I was really disappointed with my margarita pizza.
Of course after a healthy lunch we I was craving something sweet, so we headed downtown to Sara Sara Cupcakes. We were overwhelmed by the choices!

We decided on Crimson & Cream {red velvet}, Apple Cinnamon, and Strawberry Shortcake. They were QUITE delicious! I'd recommend this place to anyone!
We then explored a cute little "recycled in Oklahoma" store and then headed over to House of Clay to paint some pottery!

I have been eyeing this place for years and was so excited to finally get to go! Julia painted a mug for her coffee and I did a bowl for my front table. They both looked so bright when we left, but we can't wait to pick them up this week and see the darkened results!
We stopped by Market C on our way home. I have heard so many great things about this place. I picked up some Roasted Artichoke Dip {to go with all of my left over crackers} and a container of Chicken Salad. The Artichoke Dip was so-so, but the Chicken Salad was to die for! The container didn't last long!After returning to Norman, taking a much needed 3 hour nap, and getting ready in the dark {thanks to the surprise hurricane that came thru town}, Julia and I headed to the city with D, Ev, and Anne for a night on the town!
We started at Pachinko Parlor. I've heard such great things about it and seeing as I love sushi I knew I wouldn't be disappointed. The mood was fabulous, but the wood floors and bare walls provided a lot of "huh's" and yelling across the table. We started with their edamame, which is fried and of course absolutely delicious! I stepped out of the boxed and ordered a Surf & Turf Roll. It was filled with steak and raw tuna. I believe that might have been the first roll I've had with raw fish in it. I was quite proud of myself! The whole table ended up splitting the Crab Rangoon Roll. It was one greasy fried mess, but made for a good break up in my other roll.We left Pachinko stuffed and headed to Republic. It's a gatsropub located on the new Classen Curve {the new hot spot of OKC}. Besides being below 32 degrees in there, it had such a great vibe and a fantastic list of beers! It was full of 20 & 30-somethings and will definitely be a good place to be single and mingle in the future!

I forgot to mention that while we were at Pachinko, we ran into Danny from The Real Housewives of New Jersey's long lost relative.
My picture is terrible, but the resemblance was CREEPY!
It was suuuch a fabulous Saturday! I can't wait to have more like it!




No comments:
Post a Comment