August 23, 2010

wine & cheese.

Since all of the weddings have been over, I've been craving a party. So I decided to host one!

Your Invited:

{Each guest was asked to bring a bottle of wine and a block of cheese} 

I started setting up for the party the night before. I grabbed some flowers from my favorite flower store


And since we would be having a wine tasting, I picked up a few little gifts for the winners.


When each girl walked in the door, they were asked to write down their wine name on the tasting ballot, wrap their bottle to cover the label, write their cheese on the provided card, and enjoy!


Everyone sat their wine on the bar table and then found a place for their cheese.


I provided chocolate covered strawberries {this is a whole nother post in itself}, bread {Pioneer Woman's Olive Bread}, and crackers.


After a few hours, each girl was asked to rank their favorite wines on the tasting ballots. I tallied them up and found our winners. {Congrats Julia & Courtney!}


It was fun to catch up, try new wines and cheeses, and spend time with the girls. I was sooooo pleased with the turn out and don't think it could have been a better night!

No comments: