August 30, 2010

weekend exploration.

Saturday morning Julia and I headed to the city for another day of exploring. This week's stops: 
  • The OKC Farmer's Market
  • The Asian Market
  • House of Clay
  • Sushi Neko

The OKC Farmer's Market was a little disappointing. I'm not sure if it was because we didn't get to the market until almost 10, but the selection was poor. Norman still gets my vote for best Market!

Next stop was the Asian Market. It was quite the interesting spot. Maybe I should just tell you about it in pictures....
Only at the Asian Market do they sell food and household goods.


Want some jelly fish?!


The Meat counter...What's weird about this?! Let's take a closer look....


don't those look appetizing?


feet weren't bad enough? how bout organs?

Next up the fish counter...these are the live ones


Here's a frozen one....there were also some that were fresh and unpackaged! GROSS!

Canned Jello.....ewwww


and the home goods sections....

where we found this....
would you really put that in your yard or house? I mean seriously. That's just awkward.

I will say we did find some good things there. I got a mini strainer that I've been wanting for awhile. Julia picked up some rice paper and Cafe Du Monde coffee {yes, that was at the Asian Market}. We also found some SUPER cute soup bowls and spoons...now we just need to learn how to make sushi!

If you are needing a special kind of fish or meat, definitely head to the Asian Market. They have way more of a selection then you will ever find at the regular grocery store!

After the Asian Market, we headed back to House of Clay to pick up our pottery! Julia's mug turned out super cute! 


My bowl turned out ok, but I'm not crazy about the colors anymore....I'll be sticking to something much more simple next time!


We were stuck on what to have for lunch. Pho or Sushi. 
Of course we went with Sushi.
Sushi Neko of course.

definitely some of the best sushi in OKC!

I'd say it was a pretty great day exploring. We'll have to wait till the next away game or off weekend to explore again..because....

IT'S FOOTBALL TIME IN OOOOOOOOKLAHOMA!!

No comments: