September 2, 2010

gdo’s.

Just as Christine mentioned in her post the other day, Football season = What do I wear?!

Shopping for football season is a year-round, nation-wide search. I’m not much of a logo wearer anymore, so 8 out of 10 times I don’t find GDOs {Game Day Outfits} in Norman. And even if I do find something here, it is usually picked over within 1.5 seconds. I always have the best luck finding my outfits when I’m on a trip to a place that OU football doesn’t rule.

My GDO style has definitely evolved over the last 8 years. I started out wearing Tshirts to every game and have finally moved on to just cute red and white  crimson and cream color clothing. Finding the right “red” is CRUCIAL! I try not to buy logo’d Tshirts anymore, because those usually get worn once and are retired to the “work out” section of my closet. So you can see why finding GDO’s is a difficult task.

Examples:

 untitled 1 untitled 4

Another factor that makes GDO’s a big pain in the you know what, is the weather. We have some of the most unpredictable weather in Oklahoma. In 2008, I fried at almost every non-conference home game, got a terrible sunburn at OU/TX, and have never been so cold as I was at the Bedlam game or the Big 12 Championship. Last year it rained for the first 4 home games, was freezing cold and then super hot at OU/TX, and was almost 70 degrees at Bedlam. You just never know what this football season will be like, which is the reason GDO’s are a year-round search.

These are a few of my favorites that will definitely be making an appearance this season:

13537_742983233577_9609641_41993484_5547623_n This is a favorite I ordered from Gap’s "{Red} line a few years ago.

SDC10878_2 I actually bought this a BCBG last year for OU/TX. I was so mad when I woke up and it was freezing, I refused to not wear it, so I threw it over some jeans!

SDC11010_2 I love this scarf so much! It’s huge and so warm and I picked it up at Gap for only $15 last year. I paired with with a white North Face pullover here.

IMG_1438_2 Of course the classic white T. It’s so easy to pair with Jeans, shorts, or a skirt!

SDC10032 And my FAVORITE {excuse that I look so large, I’m pretty sure I had like 14 layers on underneath} my red Pea Coat from Gap! {apparently Gap sells a lot of red clothes I like} I wear this almost every game from Mid-October on. It’s the perfect OU red crimson and keeps me soooo warm!

I have found a few new additions over the course of the last 9 months. I can’t wait to wear them and show you!

Only 1 day, 20 hours, 18 minutes and 25 seconds!

2 comments:

DGrace said...

Crappppp! I'm wearing a tshirt. Will you still love me?

Christine said...

I love the red coat!! I'm glad someone else shares my obsession with game day clothes! :)