September 9, 2010

utah st.

It’s been a really long and hectic 3 days so far thus the reasoning behind my hiatus. I honestly just haven’t been in the “blogging mood”.

But since the weekend is fast approaching {holy cow I can’t believe its already Thursday} I figured I should get on my first Game Day post.library-bar-bb-lg

Lets see…the weekend started with getting off work at 1PM {thanks boss!} and spending the afternoon with some great friends at The Library {the bar version}. Then I finished it off  with dinner and drinks on the lake at Red Rock for a friend’s birthday. {despite it taking me 25 minutes to park and 2 hours for us to be sat, I had one FABULOUS time!} If only I had pictures….

I woke up Saturday morning with a different feeling than I have for the past 8 years. Normally I’m like a kid on Christmas morning on the Saturday of Labor Day weekend; however, this year was far different from the previous years I’ve lived here. It was the first home opener and the 3rd home game I have ever missed watching in person.

SDC11896Despite my state of blah-ness I started the day with a run and some cooking! My contributions for 4307514771_96b61dac20_othe tailgate were Pioneer Woman’s Restaurant Style Salsa and the infamous Sam’s Brownies. It was my first time attempting the salsa and although there were some changes I’ll make next time {a little less blending}, it turned out great!

The weather honestly could not have been more perfect! Low 90s with just enough breeze to not make you feel disgusting!

I ended up running into my old roommate from the sorority house {Sara is down below}! It worked out perfectly that I saw her, so I headed up to good old campus corner for some game watching with her and her husband! After a teary-eyed watching {blame it on the alcohol and the pathetic-ness of how seriously I take OU Football} of the first quarter, I managed to settle down and have a good time. SDC11897

I spent the whole evening at O'Connell's and had a pretty fabulous time. I did however learn that I am not a fan of watching the games at the bar. I just can’t pay attention the way I want to! I walked out of the bar that night knowing that we won, but not the exact score; knowing that we looked horrible, but not who played horrible or what we needed to work on. I think I’m going to have to start tailgating before and after the game, but watch the game at home or record them to re-watch on Sundays {that might be taking it too far though….}

  On to the the most important detail of the weekend!

GDO #1 

SDC11894

The picture is blurry and dark, my apologies, but I picked up this dress at Urban Outfitters last winter. It isn’t an exact OU red crimson, but since Utah State wasn’t sporting any shade of red, I thought it was ok in my book!

I’m more excited and ready for this Saturday to get here! It’s going to be a test for our team, hopefully we continue the Nation’s current longest home winning streak! {knock on wood} Here’s to #32!

No comments: