June 12, 2010

finally.


WOW.
 I can't believe it's over. I can't believe I stood up with my two best friends and watched them commit their lives to each other.


It was a long 14 months of planning {their engagement night seriously feels like it was YEARS ago}.

But Danae and Evan did one hell of an amazing job! This was my first wedding to be in, but I can't imagine that other weddings go as smoothly as this one did!

We started Thursday afternoon decorating the venue. We had probably over 200 candles, 100 vases, 20 something table clothes, 18 table runners, 200 chair covers, plus 200 satin sashes and SOMEHOW with the help of some amazing family members got 90% of it done in 3 hours. And we did all of that WITHOUT air conditioning!

Thankfully by the time we got back to the Farmer's Market for the actual rehearsal, the air was on, the table cloths, and most of the chair covers had been steamed.

As we stood in our respective spots for the big day, the officiant ran through his spiel. When he had Danae and Evan practice reciting their vows to get the speed down. I lost it. Already....wasn't even the big day and I was teary eyed.

Evan's mom hosted dinner at The Wedge on Western. It was FABULOUS. As we walked out on the patio we were greeted by a bar full of wine and beer and 2 tables full of pizza, antipasto, meatballs, and an assortment of other things. It could not have been a more perfect evening in Oklahoma; not too hot, not to humid, not to windy.

We talked and laughed and celebrated our two favorite people.

Friday Morning we headed to the mall for pedicures and make up. The team at Mac did a fabulous job on all of us!

I wore fake eye lashes for the first time in my life....it was quite an interesting feeling. The weirdest part was taking them off. Sadly...I left them in the hotel room so they will be of no use to me in the future. {the Mac guy said I could wear them 10 more times...crazy!}

We finished a few last minute touches when we got to the venue, had sandwiches, watched D get her hair done and then finally helped her get dressed.

She walked down the aisle to Evan for their first look and it was a very emotional time! {Even for those of us who peered around the doorway} They both told me that seeing each other prior to the ceremony was the best thing they did all day.

We took group pictures in the nice 25mph wind that Oklahoma decided to bless us with. Despite that, I know they will turn out amazing and I can't wait!

After family pictures we kicked off our shoes and had almost an hour to chill, retouch, and prepare ourselves for the big moment.

We all headed down to the basements to make our way up the elevator and down the aisle. Evan and Danae were both SO calm. Filled with anxiousness, but so calm about the commitment they were about to make to each other.

All 13 of us crammed into the elevator and stood behind the long black curtains waiting for our cue. As I stood next to my walking parter {Tyler} he looked over and asked me if I was ready to sashay{no clue how to spell that} down the aisle, but he doesn't walk...he sashay's. I'm so glad he said that, because as the curtain opened I laughed hysterically and all of my nerves washed away.

I finally made it to my spot and as the music changed and Danae and her dad starting walking down, my eyes started filling with tears. Evan had the sweetest look on his face as she walked down and D couldn't take her eyes off of him.

Of course I cried through the whole ceremony. I really hope the photographer was able to get a few shots that didn't include me wiping away my tears. There were lots of sniffles on stage when Evan and Danae both shed tears as they made their way through their vows.

We made our exit out, hootin and hollerin and hugging and smiling on the way down the elevator. The wedding party made our way to the top balcony and ate dinner overlooking the guests having cocktails.

The DJ announced our entrance and Evan and Danae made their way to the dance floor for their first dance. The night contained all the normal wedding hoopla, father/daughter dance, mother/son, toasts, cake {or in their case cup cake} cutting, mingling, and a WHOLE LOT of dancing! {My feet may NEVER recover}

They made their exit to the limo and I'm guessing popped open a bottle of wine as they made their way to the hotel.

Danae kept telling me all through the reception. "This is the best night of my life! I never want it to end!"  And that's EXACTLY how it should have been! It was seriously perfect in every way.

As I laid in bed this morning for the hour I was trying to convince myself it was too early to get up, I looked back on the last 72 hours.

It was one of the most surreal, sweetest, most amazing memories in my life to watch the 2 of them get married. They have both been ROCKS to me during our friendship {ESPECIALLY this last year} and I couldn't be any happier for them.

I have known them for 4 years now{their whole relationship}. They have become 2 of my best friends. They are so giving, honest, and loving, and EVERY DAY they show me what kind of relationship I hope to have.

Ev & D:  I am SO happy for you both and couldn't love you more! Congrats on the best day of your lives {so far}!

1 comment:

DGrace said...

It was so great! I wouldn't have it any other way!