June 22, 2010

ww.

Even though I didn't have any pre-set plans for this last weekend, I kept SUPER busy.

FRIDAY
I went to dinner with my great friend H at this fabulous little sushi place around the corner from my condo called O'Asian Fusion. It's kind of a hidden gem, so if you live around Norman, check it out sometime.

We finished dinner with a bottle of wine at my condo and then I headed over to D's to catch up after the wedding and grab a few things I had left at the site.

It was so good to get to see her post-wedding as Mrs. Grace!

SATURDAY
I headed to the Air Show out at Tinker Air Force Base in Midwest City with a few friends...
I had never been to one before so despite the OUTRAGEOUS heat and humidity, it was a lot of fun to see all the planes AND all the people there.

After a shower, nap, and much needed food, the four of us headed out to Brother's on Campus Corner. 
I parked in a lot that I most always park in while at Campus Corner, as I got out of my car this guy was also getting out of his car. I started walking toward Brothers, and this is the conversation that occurred between stranger dude and I.

(Stranger Dude) "Your dress sucks!" 
(me, as I turn to give him a WTF look) "Well that was rude..."
(Stranger Dude, in a sassy tone) "I don't care!"

I was dumbfounded. Who does/says that to a COMPLETE stranger?! It did at least give my friends and me something to laugh about, but even the next day I was still urked by his comment. This is the dress I was wearing....
It's not that bad right?

H convinced the bartender of the completely empty bar that it was her birthday, so while she received a free T-shirt we reaped the benefits with a giant mind-eraser for the table. The night ended over at H's bf's house with some beer, lawn chairs, and the stars...and great laughs!




SUNDAY 
Since it was Father's day I headed over to my parent's house pretty early so that I would have time to lay out before lunch with the Grandparents.  My dad grills the most amazing hamburgers, so we had those and home-made ice cream. YUM!

This is what Dad received as his 2010 Father's Day, Anniversary, Birthday present.


It's definitely not the most attractive looking piece of furniture, however it is AMAZING!

My dad is one of the most amazing people EVER {I might be a little biased}. But he has always been there for me and I know that he always will be! 


Love you Dad! I hope you had the best Father's day!


No comments: