I think I had one of the best weekends I’ve had in a VERY long time!
It was filled with EVERYTHING you can imagine….and I mean everything.
Wedding, cleaning, laying by the pool, entertaining, good surprises, bad surprises that turned out to be funny, seeing old friends, meeting new friends, experiencing new things, and also embarrassment….
Yes…embarrassment. Over the years I’ve realized what a clumsy person I am. But I’ve learned to make the best of it and just laugh it off.
SATURDAY DAY I went to a Scentsy party at my good friend Margaret’s house. I’ve only known M for a few months, so I don’t really know any of her other friends. Of course there were mimosa’s there so we all started in on them. About an hour into
the party I opened a second bottle of champagne. As I took off the wiring, M and I were chatting about something and all of the sudden the cork blew off hit the ceiling and landed back on the floor. We all screamed at the loud noise, but just laughed it off.
About another hour later I’m opening another bottle of champagne {not sure why I was always opening them}. I KNEW the cork was going to do the same thing; however this time the wiring wasn’t even off all the way and my hand was still on the bottle. The cork flew off, it scared me so much that I jumped back and as I did, my slippery sandals {on her tile floor} caused me to land FLAT-ON-MY-ASS, in the middle of her kitchen in front of 15 girls I had never met…..AWESOME.
Thank God that I can laugh at myself, because otherwise I might have cried! I thought maybe everyone would forget, until I was leaving and every person mentioned how I made their day by falling. {So glad my embarrassment made your day}
It’s one for the books!
And I came home with this!
SATURDAY NIGHT I had people over before the wedding for some drinks and then we headed to the wedding. The ceremony was beautiful and Lane looked amazing! I just love her and Tinsley so much!
The reception was fabulous. I think every person in Norman was there. I got to see so many of my guy friends from college whom I hadn’t seen in years. It was awesome. Their band was A-MAIZING.
The only not so great part was the heat. It had just been so hot that day and with so many people in there, the air conditioner just couldn’t hold up. But none the less it was so awesome. Here’s some pictures….excuse the “glowing”.
It was a late night as we continued our drinking efforts at 747 {I haven’t been there in forever} and then the at home after that.
But man, what a FABULOUS night.
SUNDAY obviously was laying out by the pool, mixed with laying on the couch. Perfect, just perfect!
No comments:
Post a Comment