October 13, 2010

wa-la.

SDC11976

Yay! I've finished my new bed! {for now at least}

After 3 days of searching, multiple trips to MULTIPLE stores, I finally found sheets I could live with {thanks Target}!

They are an aqua/light turquoise and white print

SDC11977 {insert oooooooos..... & ahhhhhhhhhs......}

What's next for the budoir?

    • Making an upholstered headboard {inspiration}
    • Hopefully tufting that headboard
    • Some goldish/yellowish Euro Pillows to the back
    • Getting New Pillows to lay my head on each night!
    • Print Pillow Shams
    • A Quilt {It’s too hot in the summers for a down comforter!}
    • Hopefully all by Christmas!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I lived thru my first earthquake today! The epicenter was 6 miles east of campus {basically the center of Norman}, however this morning I was in the OKC at the Federal Courthouse. I felt the room shake and questioned for a second what it was. Earthquake? Did a building blow up?

Seconds later my texts started rattling, “are you ok?”, “did you feel that?”, of course I turned to Facebook for news…

4.5 Magnitude {In the last few minutes they’re reporting 5.1}! It was felt from Norman all the way to Tulsa! {122.85 miles}

I got back to work and the girls said the whole building shook like crazy and pictures were rattling almost off the wall! {I’m kind of sad I wasn’t at the office for it!}

I’m sure it’ll be all over the news when I go home for lunch, hopefully no one was hurt!

No comments: