Thanks to Columbus and him sailing the ocean blue in 1492, I had a 3 days weekend!
FRIDAY I relaxed, cleaned, and caught up on my shows from the week.
SATURDAY morning was Race For the Cure! My mom is an 7 year survivor of breast cancer so I try to do the race every year in her honor. This was my 4th year to go and by far it was the largest crowd I had seen! {there were no football games for the state of OK that day}
I had intentions of trying to run, but we got stuck in the back of the crowd and it was a good 1 kilometer in before the group cleared a bit. I ended up just walking the 5k with my parents. I know that probably meant a lot more to my mom than me running alone, so that made me happy!
Walking with Mom & Dad
Our annual picture after the race
SATURDAY night we celebrated Julia's birthday at New York Pizza!
We had so much fun! and I think the bartender had quite the crush on the birthday girl because this was only one of the many free drinks he gave out that night to us!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And for the pic of my "new curled hair" I promised Friday.
I love it in person, but I'm just not so sure it's photogenic.
Thoughts?
3 comments:
Love your parents...I need to do the Race for the Cure next year.
I like it! I never like my hair curled until I mess it up a bit. try that and maybe you'll like it a little better too!
Em - I told you I had a free packet for you!
Christine - Thanks for the tip! I'm going to try that next time!
Post a Comment