March 26, 2010

101.

I came across this article on yahoo while browsing around today titled "101 small pleasures you can enjoy everyday".

We get so engrossed in the every day motions that we forget to stop and take a little time to "smell the roses".

I didn't feel like all 101 things are THAT pleasurable...but there were few that I really loved!
Sleeping in
An exercise endorphin high
A handwritten letter
Waking up in a good mood...for no real reason
Finding forgotten money in your pocket
Doing something nice for someone
Laughing
A glass of wine
Funny things kids say
Finding the perfect piece of clothing...on sale
A bear hug
Singing along to the radio and knowing all the words
Happy endings...even if they aren't in real life
Puppies
Sunshine
Green lights all the way home
Holding hands
A great hair day with no effort
Fireflies
Slow dancing
Old friends...
New friends
Girl Scout cookies
Kissing someone you love
Old photographs
Your softest Tshirt
Having exact change

MY ADDITIONS
Successfully cooking a new meal
Dinner with friends
Snow cones
Accomplishing a goal
Wrapping up in a down comforter
Finishing a good book
Learning something new
The worn out feelings after a great workout

It really is quite amazing how much we take for granted.

Every time I'm feeling down or aggrivated about something I remind myself that someone out there has it WAY worse than me and that God doesn't give me anything I can't handle.

You just have to keep your head up and move through it.

I feel like over the past few months I have become a lot stronger person than I EVER thought I could be. I've grown in ways I didn't think I needed to and I'm not afraid to say what I want anymore...that's the BEST feeling I've felt in months!

No comments: