March 23, 2010

sin-less city.

I feel like it has been FOREVER since I've blogged! Technically it has been... I've been so busy with work and extracurricular activities!

I'm stuck at a frustration point with blogging too. With my old job I had all the time in the world to blog at work, but with the new job I am continuously busy! How's that a problem, just blog at home you say? Well I would love too, but I was spoiled with Windows Live Writer. I have a Mac at home and it doesn't offer any program that is even CLOSE to WLW. I hate blogging thru blogspot and that is MOST of the reason for my procrastination!

ok now on to the real post.

So last week/end my family took a girls trip to Vegas. It was my cousin's 21st birthday and our mom's wanted to celebrate big! I'm not one to turn down a free vacation so I jumped at the opportunity to go! I say sin-less city because with your mom's there how much trouble can you really get into?

Here's the recap. I'll try to be short.

THURSDAY
We arrived in the Vegas airport mid-morning and started what turned out to be a hour and a half trek (shuttle ride) to our hotel. We unpacked and headed out immediately to find some lunch and shopping! I haven't been to Vegas in about 5 years so I was excited to see a new shopping complex right next door to the Paris (where we stayed).

That night we at Rainforest Cafe at MGM. I wanted to make sure that we ate at places we couldn't get at home. Rainforest was pushing the boundaries a little since there is one in Dallas, but it was SOOOO yummy!!

Everyone else was tired from traveling all day so while they went back to the hotel I went and met up with my friend Evan who was staying at NY NY for March Madness. We went to the Piano Bar in their hotel and had the most amazing time of dancing and singing! I love piano bars and this one didn't disappoint!

Places Visited: NY NY, the Miracle Mile Shops, Planet Hollywood, and MGM

FRIDAY
It was a sluggish start to my day due to the fact I forgot that I was drinking 6pt beer the night before....I've never had a hotel room spin like that!
We headed over to the forum and ate lunch at Wolfgang Puck's Spago restuarant. I've always heard he's known for his pizzas and it was fabulous! We also had some of the most AMAZING calamari I've ever had.
I'm going to apologize now for all the pictures of half eaten food. I still can't get in the habit of remembering to take pictures BEFORE!

Photobucket

We shopped at the Forum and then went back to get ready for our big night out. We headed over to the Venetian for dinner at one of Mario Batalli's restaurants B&B. We sat down and were brought Chick Pea Bruchetta compliments of the chef {everyone table got them and ewwww}. After trying to shove it down and looking at the menu we we're scared for what the night was going to ensue. I've never seen such disgusting sounding animals parts...but after many questions to the waiter we finally made a decision and NONE of us were disappointed! I had Jose's Pyramids...not sure what exactly was in them, but they were delicious!

Photobucket

After diner we went to see Jersey Boy's. I wasn't really excited from the get go about going to see this show. When I think of going to see a show in Vegas I was to be WOWED. I had heard really great things about this show and all the reviews were correct, it was a great show. However, I think I could have waited a few years to see it at the Civic Center instead of paying $162 for it in Vegas. {at least I didn't pay for it} The cast was amazing and I developed somewhat of a crush on this guy {Peter Saide}. I think if we had met, he was straight, and liked sports we would have REALLY hit it off! ha ha

Photobucket

Places Visited: Caesar's, The Forum, Bellagio, The Mirage, The Venetian, Palazzo, Wynn, and Encore

SATURDAY
After 2 days of walking up and down the strip I was exhausted! But we decided to head out and see the last few places we hadn't been. We started with a wonderful lunch at FatBurger. It was in a little strip center set back from the strip. My aunt had heard of it once before so we tried it. It was fabulous! The hamburger was tinier than I could have imagined, but that meant a lot more room for skinny fries! YUM!

After shopping/walking around a little more we headed back to the hotel to get ready for our big dinner of the weekend. Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill. We were told by a family friend that we just HAD to eat there. First of all. I don't know if it's like this in all major restaurants in Vegas, but you have to give them your credit card number just to reserve your reservation. And if you don't show up, they charge your card $50/person. CRAZY! On to the food.

We had read reviews online that Mesa had the BEST margarita's ever tasted {they should be at a whopping $15 each}. The waiter brought ours out and I couldn't wipe off the "ew" from my face. It was HORRIBLE! I'm thinking that maybe the reviews were written by Northerners {no offence}, because margarita's in the south don't taste ANYTHING like that crap! But Bobby did impress me with his shrimp and corn tamale. I don't like shrimp really, but it was one of the best things I've ever tasted!

I feel like food wise I really stepped out of the box this weekend. I ordered a steak from Mesa medium well and it came out almost all pink. I was so hungry I didn't want to wait for them to cook it more, so I ate it....I know, branching out!  The steak was done with a coffee rub and had a spicy mushroom sauce...it wasn't great, but edible!

We finished off the night with a slice from Cheesecake Factory. Have you tried their red velvet cheese cake? It has layers of red velvet cake and cheesecake with a cream cheese topping....OMG DELICIOUS!!


After dinner & dessert we headed back to our hotel to make the ride up the Eiffel Tower! It was so peaceful and beautiful up there!

Isn't this view of the Bellagio Fountains FABULOUS?!

Places Visited: Various free standing shops, NY NY again, and Caesar's again.


The best part about our vacation was the shopping! I think my cousin and I went to Urban Outfitters 3 times while we were there! Here's all the loot I got!

From Left to right: 1: from H&M, 2: Cardigan, 3: Dress, 4: Vneck Ts, 5: Skirt, 6: Jean Shorts {2-6 from Urban Outfitters} 7: Black Golf Jacket from Adidas {I've been wanting one for YEARS! Now I just need a new golfing buddy}, 8: New Running Jacket from Adidas, 9: Coach Wallet, 10, 11, 12: All shoes from Steve Madden

Overall the trip was good. It was nice to get away, but I think 4 days in Vegas with your mom and aunt might be a LITTLE much to handle. {not to mention the 4.5 hour trip from Dallas back to Oklahoma after our terrible flights on Sunday...thank you spring break/construction traffic}

whew that feels good to finally get done! {I've been working on this post for 3 hours!!! damn blogspot}

Vegas might be the greatest place for people watching....click back tomorrow to see what we saw!

No comments: