March 3, 2010

embarrassing vs is this really happening.

The title of this post will reveal itself as you read on….

This is what has happened in the last 48 hours {eating wise}

EMBARRASSING

Last night was my high school girlfriends’ monthly dinner {we imagemeet the first Tuesday of every month, aren’t we cute?!}. Two of the girls couldn’t make it so it was just the 3 of us and we went to Iron Star  Bar•B•Q. {If you live in OKC or Norman and haven’t been there I highly recommend it!}

We sat at the bar while we waited for a table. The guy who checked my ID {I might cry when people don’t check it anymore} asked me what my name was. {He acted like he was checking to make sure it wasn’t a fake…funny at first I guess} Well this guy ended up being our waiter and the whole entire time he called me by my first name. Somehow in the back and forth conversations, it came up in front of Chris {the waiter} that I was single {of course he just couldn’t believe a “pretty girl like me” was….this guy was laying it on THICK…..obviously he wanted a good tip}. My friends, who are happy and taken, thought it’d be HILARIOUS to ask Chris if he was single, {thanks ladies…NOT} To which he replied yes. AWKWARD. However, we did manage to get some free chocolate cake out of him so I guess that was worth the humility. BUT it doesn’t end there…. at the end of dinner Chris walked by and threw a “Hey we should go out sometime!” out there; I coyly laughed it off and walked my ‘just find and dandy single ass’ out the door.

Hopefully he got the point and doesn’t do any facebook stalking since I used my credit card with my full name on it to pay….

All in all it was a fabulous night with 2 of my favorite people! We laughed, we chatted, and we ate! I can’t wait till next month…hopefully everyone will be there!

IS THIS REALLY HAPPENING

So I was working away this morning minding my own business when TFL, a co-worker {that’s how we’ll refer to her on here}, asked me what I was doing for lunch. I knew this meant she wanted to go eat together {the first time in 4 months she’s ever wanted to}. This caught me off guard and I didn’t really want to go for a few reasons.

  1. I’m trying to watch what I eat
  2. Reading my book and drinking my smoothie in the lounge during lunch sounded SO much better
  3. We really don’t have anything in common and I hate having a non-talkative meal.
  4. I’m really broke and didn’t want to pay to eat

But the moment she said, “It’s my treat since it’s your last week” I felt bad and decided to go.

Gossip has spread around the office about TFL’s hoarding habits in her home, so when she pulled out her car keys thoughts of molded food, appalling smells, and rampant trash immediately flooded my brain.

To my surprise. no molded food {at least that I could see}, and no appalling smells {actually it was lemon scented…think pinsol}; however, there was trash everywhere! {I won’t go in to detail with what I saw}

imageWe went and ate at La Luna, a campus corner staple. Here is what we ate {this might help you decipher what TFL stands for}

  • ME: 10 chips {yes I counted, I told you I’m watching what I’m eating}, 1 tortilla, single beef enchilada
  • HER: About half of the bowl of chips, 4 tortillas, a chicken and cheese chimichanga, and a healthy helping of rice and beans. wow.

Conversation was ok, with a few lull spots, but nothing horrible. I was thinking to myself…ok this isn’t so bad….and then it happened.

She pulled napkin up from her lap and started picking her nose with it. {yes, you read that right} She was digging for gold. AT THE TABLE. IN THE MIDDLE OF THE RESTAURANT.

I already can’t STAND it when people blow their nose at the table, do they not realize that even though its going into the napkin its more than likely getting on the table too. {I feel so sorry for people who have to wash or even touch the cloth napkins in restaurants} I tried to hard to not let my face depict the thoughts that were racing thru my brain. {OMG did that really happen? Holly cow, I can’t believe she is doing this! OMG I’m so embarrassed!} I don’t know how I didn’t turn bright red. Thank gawd that was right as we paid our tab and we weren’t forced to sit there any longer.

We return back to the office and started jabbering with our other co-worker MSL. {she’s a WHOLE nother post} I wasn’t sure what exactly they were talking about, but TFL says, “although I do think you can tell I've lost a few pounds.” Thank gawd my back faces them because I rolled my eyes in shock and almost let out a snicker. I don’t mean to be rude, but let me remind you what she ate at lunch: About half of the bowl of chips, 4 tortillas, a chicken and cheese chimichanga, and a healthy helping of rice and beans. You wouldn’t be able to tell if she lost 10lbs. TRUST ME.

Let me also remind you about this moment {sex & football baby} that came out of her mouth earlier this week.

Ok, now that I’m going to hell for putting my thoughts about co-workers out there publicly, I’m going to get back to work.

But first I just have to say

THANK THE LORD I ONLY HAVE 2 DAYS LEFT HERE

1 comment:

Megistentialism said...

hahahahah! You shoulda totally taken Chris up on his offer! Just consider it practice with a free meal attached :) haha! AWESOME!

And my word to type in order to prove this isn't spam is "runkness" ... I'm not sure what that means but I am totally gonna start using it!

Ex. I'm sorry your coworker has runkness.