March 10, 2010

thoughts from the the gym.

I LOVE people watching, so the gym is one of my most favorite places for it! I always find some interesting things/people to think about.

• Since when have cargo pants and dress shoes been deemed gym clothes? Yes, tonight as I was working on my triceps I saw this guy over at another machine wearing cargo pants, thick khaki cargo pants with a cut off Tshirt. wow.  I was there a few months ago at lunch time when a guy walked by me wearing his dress pants and dress shoes with a white undershirt. I deemed him my version of a "meat head" {someone who only works out their upper body and has skinny legs} and assumed that because he wasn't going to do any leg exercises he thought that meant it was ok not to put on gym shorts. I'll just NEVER understand! 

• I am just NOT fan of guys wearing any shirt without sleeves, self-made tank top or not. For some reason even a glance of one makes me shiver in disgust. Have you ever noticed the type of guy who wears them? Usually someone scronny {normally the cut off Tshirt} or a "meat head" who wants to show off his muscles. I was on the treadmill at the gym {it's on like a 2nd story loft} looking down when I see this meat head walking around in a backwards hat, tank top and one of those belts that braces your back wrapped around him. I laughed so hard trying to figure out what was going on in his head {This shirt will totally show off my biceps; this belt shows people I'm squating a ton; gawd I'm so cool, all the girls at the gym will totally want me!}

• Speaking of me laughing. When I head to the gym for cardio after work I usually get there in time to catch an episode of "Friends" and "The Office", both of which are just amazing! I don't know if it's because the endorphins are flowing or what, but the shows are always SO MUCH funnier when I'm at the gym. I'm sure people are walking by thinking I'm retarded as I'm bent over in laughter on the elliptical. 

I think people watching is the only thing that keeps me going to the gym after work. It's the busiest time of the day and I really don't enjoy that; however, the stories I come up with for the people there make me forget all the crowdedness!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh my gosh! Joel and I laughed SOOO hard at this!! SO true!! Love it!