January 18, 2010

the changes are a comin.

Well....the transformation has begun. It's starting to look like a different place!

For now I'll show you the before pictures.

When you walk in the door, this is what you see.


From the office nook this is what you see.


and This is what you see from standing where the TV is.


Excuse the messiness...I didn't feel like moving everything just for these pictures.
The whole house looks like a tornado just went though it!

With help from my mom, a few cuss words, and some hard core muscle, we manage to hang curtain rods in the living room and dining room! I've made a curtain for one of the windows in the living room and will finish the 2nd one tomorrow more than likely.

We went to a Hotel Liquidation store today. It's on 23rd Street in OKC; and if you haven't been, you should go! There are more objects there than you can imagine!!!! It goes on and on and on.

Ok so back on track. I bought 2 chairs today that I'm going to recover! I found the most lush, soft green fabric for them. I can't wait to see how they turn out! I'll do a whole post on those when they are finished.

A new bookshelf was also purchased. I already have a matching one, so now there will be one on each side of the window in the dinning room.

I have to say that although redecorating is going to be some what of a pain; I really think it is theraputic. Not only am I getting some "retail therapy" in, but also something to keep me busy and distract me at night. I need something to refocus my attention to and I think this will be the perfect thing!

Can't wait to show ya'll the rest!

1 comment:

Emily @ EMILY POSTS said...

post pics of the curtains!!!