{I wrote this a few weeks ago have debated since on whether to post this. I finally decided to press publish}
I am not good at being single. Just plain not good at it. I can't handle the anxiety of dating, I'm too much of an open-book person, I don't know how nor care to play "games", and lately I don't have the best outlook on guys.
I'm 100% myself to people from the moment I meet them. The good and The bad...I'm clumsy, I like to do kid-like things, I make hard core blond comments at times, I embarrass myself often....the list could go on....
There was a moment a few years ago when my next door neighbor became Hot Neighbor {HN}.
There was a moment a few weeks ago when my Dad labeled HN as Mr. Hunk {MH}.
HN and MH have stuck.
How/why MH still talks to me...I'm not sure.
We honestly are the two most awkward people around each other.
These are the events that happened at his house a few weeks ago:
- He ordered pizza in which I had to pay for half because he didn't have enough cash.
- He consumed half of the 2 Large pizzas by himself
- Along with 3 diet-cherry coke zero's. {all in 2 hours}
- His couch attacked me {a spring between the cushions cut my toe}
- He helped clean up my attacked foot as the cut bled for 10 minutes {stupid alcohol}
- He took at 3 second swig of Jameson Whiskey
- We laid on the floor facing each other like 2 elementary school kids laughing at his OCD dog.
- He asked me to "slumber" {his exact words} 3 times before I finally gave in.
That was followed by this conversation as we fell asleep:
- Me: Are you wearing socks?
- HN: ya, my feet are cold?
- Me: Who wears socks to bed?
- HN: Well what are you supposed to do if your feet are cold?
- Me: {insert awkward laughter} I don't know, put blankets on them?
- HN: Well I don't have enough blankets.
- Me: Well then turn up the air {followed again by awkward laughter}
- HN: {long pause} Why would I do that?
Who wears socks to bed? Let alone in the summer?!
In the dating life there will be great moments, horrible moments, and moments that you look back upon and just laugh.
This was one of those laughing moments.
I'm still laughing about that night weeks later.
No comments:
Post a Comment