It’s funny when I look back over my weekends this summer. Most of them were filled with weddings or wedding related parties, but then there were the ones that were filled with “nothing”. Those are the weekends I look back on and think….’I didn’t really do anything, but man that was fun!’.
This was one of those weekends.
FRIDAY night I stayed home and cleaned, caught up on my DVR, had a nice glass of wine, and was in bed by 11.
SATURDAY morning I woke up early and made my second trip of the summer to the local Farmer’s Market.
This time, the market had far more fruits, flowers, and a lot more vendors.
I picked up:- Whole Wheat Pizza Crusts
- 1 bunch of Basil
- Fresh organic Strawberries
- 4 small red potatoes
- 1/2lb of green beans
- A head of garlic
all for $15. {That’s good in my book}
The fair grounds was also having a flea market that day. It was quite interesting.
Barbies anyone?
I did fall in love with this couch….maybe not so much the with the white trim….if only I had a 2nd living room.
Later that morning Danae and I went fabric shopping for some new curtains in her house. We went to every fabric store from here to Edmond. It was quite the adventure….especially through South OKC.
Only there do you find an outdoor Circus.
SATURDAY night, D met me at my house with big bottle of wine after I picked up a new propane tank for the grill and a few other groceries.
We started the night making bacon wrapped jalapenos.
INGREDIENTS:
- jalapenos {amount depends on how many people you have}
- a container {or block} of cream cheese
- a package of bacon {2 strips for each jalapeno}
- latex gloves {trust me on this one}
{I’m not Pioneer Woman, but here’s my attempt at making diner thru pictures}
Pre-heat your oven to 375° and put on latex gloves before touching the jalapenos.
Cut the jalapeno’s in half. Use a spoon to clean out the insides {including all of the seeds} so they look like this.
Place the cleaned out jalapenos on a baking sheet and grab your cream cheese and a knife. {You might want to either take off your gloves and put them back on after you’ve gotten supplies, or just get a new pair}
Fill the jalapeno’s with cream cheese and place back on baking sheet.
Grab your package of bacon and wrap each slice of jalapeno with a full strip of bacon. Try to put the seams on the bottom, if you can’t, just use a toothpick.
Place these babies in the oven for 20-30 minutes {depends on your oven, keep an eye on them} or until the bacon is crispy enough for you and ENJOY!
These make a fabulous appetizer for any party!
After the jalapeno poppers were made, we moved on to the main course! PIZZA!
I found these two 6-inch whole wheat pizza crusts at the Farmer’s Market and decided to make Margarita Pizza on the grill!
INGREDIENTS:
- Pizza crust of any kind
- Pizza sauce
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Tomato
- Fresh Basil
- A grill or oven
First start by preheating your grill or oven. Luckily on the package of my pizza crust it said cook at 350°, so I turned the grill on low-medium.
Then grab your pizza crust and apply the pizza sauce to your liking.
{Here’s where I got lazy on the pictures}
Add all of your toppings in the order you’d like. I put the cheese on, cut up some of the basil and sprinkled it on top. Then I sliced up the tomato and placed it on top of everything.
I put the two pizzas on the grill and shut the lid for about 5-10 minutes, until all the cheese was melted and the crust was crispy.
ahhh….the Perfect summer dinner!
I won’t get into the details of the rest of the night…mostly because they are extremely blurry, but I know they involved Danae, MH and this….
STILL LAUGHING…..
2 comments:
if that car was sitting in front of my house for weeks, i'd do bad things to it too
52 weeks!!!
Post a Comment