July 22, 2010

on second thought.

D is having a garage sale in a few weeks and asked me if I had anything to contribute. I try to lead a “non-packrat” lifestyle, but as I’ve been thinking more about it, I’ve got a few items to throw in the pile.

I was browsing the Real Simple website today and came across this article, “Decorate on the Cheap with Everyday Items”. Here’s a few of the ideas I liked.

When entertaining, serve cocktails on an old picture frame. {You could even change the picture to match whatever party you’re throwing}

Glass-Frame_300

If you could find the perfect pattern, dish towels as placemats are a cheap alternative.

solutions-table_300

If you are like me and have ZERO storage in your bathroom, this is a modern way to store the TP. {Keeps guests from searching your cabinets when the roll runs out}

0510-vase-toilet_300

 

Love this idea! What a great way to add color and different textures to your room. According to David Bromstad your furniture should never be all the same finish; mixing metals with wood or glass or painted furniture makes your home feel lived in….right D?

night-lamp_300 

These ideas are making me have second thoughts about what I put in the garage sale!

No comments: