Well I have to say I have had a VERY successful birthday week....so far! Yes that's right, so far. I'm managing to spread this one out over a 2 week span....not too bad if I say so myself.
As much as I hate getting older, there's something about celebrating birthdays that's amazing to me, whether it's mine or one of my friends!
This year was weird though. It didn't feel like my birthday. When I was going to bed Sunday night, I thought to myself, this just seemed like any other regular day. Is that how it is as you get older?! Gawd I hope not! Maybe with all the changes that have happened this year I just wasn't as excited about it.
However, despite it feeling like "any other day" I got to spend the 24 hours of my birthday with some of my MOST favorite people in the world!
Saturday night I went out with my {Edmond} friends.
We started Saturday night off as Chuck & P's house. We took ourselves back to the college years and played a few drinking card games. TOO MUCH FUN!
Then we went to Edna's {famous for their lunch boxes and old lady bar dancing} and had a few lunch boxes. I love this place! It's so dark you can barely see and the walls are covered in this.
Then we went to my new favorite place called The Drunken Fry. It's a bar that serves French Fries with your choice of 14 different dipping sauces....it's a drunk girls dream come true! Especially if you love fries like I do! I won't even mention how many baskets we went thru!!
If you are in the city, please go try it...and if you do...get the sun dried tomato and basil sauce, it's to die for!
I have truly amazing friends who are so thoughtful. My presents for the weekend
RaLayna and I had a 4 hour dinner at Musashi's {a favorite of ours}. What can I say...we can talk!
She hooked me up with all things wine! It was the PERFECT gift!
Julia knows the way to my heart!
- Red Velvet cupcake mix {barefoot contessa style}
- An oh-so-cute note pad {I'm a compulsive list maker}
- A beautiful birthday towel for my kitchen that will probably stay up year round! ha
Lauren and Hannah got me the coolest wine glass!
It's a hand painted Birthday glass
The company makes glasses for ALL different occasions, and each glass has its own drink recipe on the bottom, mine was:
- "The Birthday Girl"
- 1p. White Wine
- 1p. Lemon-Lime Soda
- Cherry Garnish
The birthday celebration isn't ending yet! My good friend Evan
and I are having a joint birthday party!! {his is the day of the party}
I am so excited for the party! Most of our friends are going to be there and I got a ROCKIN new outfit I can't wait to wear!!
My only hold up...what's a small gift I can get Ev?! He's one of the most giving and caring people and he deserves something! Suggestions?! {D, I know you're reading this...HELP!}


1 comment:
Oh! My first comment!
I know he has been wanting an electric toothbrush (typical evan) from bed bath and beyond. So maybe a gift card bc they are pricey?
He also loves massages from the place on Lindsey by Homeland.
He also misses getting non-work clothes. He says he feels old when he wants suits for Christmas!
Post a Comment