Ever since I missed the Janet Jackson/Justin Timberlake Super Bowl debacle in 2004 (emily, why was it such a good idea for us to study at BNB that night again?) I’ve been determined not to miss another game.
Let me start by saying I LOVE me some Carrie Underwood! Her voice is just unbelievable, it gives me the chills! She did such a fabulous job!
I’m a big fan of Classic Rock, so the last 6 years of half time performers haven’t bothered me (However, I still think 2001’s show was the best ever). The Who busted out some of my favorite songs and a couple that I loved but had no idea they sang! The biggest highlight, besides the drummer who still rocks a mullet, was their stage. That thing was unbelievable. I read it weight 10 tons and took 600 people to move it in the 6 minutes they had.
But now since the half time shows are filled with men ready to turn in their 401K’s, the BEST part of the Super Bowl has become the commercials. Sadly, since the decline of the economy and the FCC’s crackdown, they have been pretty lame. But you can still managed to find a good one here and there. Here’s my 2010 winner!
RUNNER UP
Although I went in to the game just knowing the Colts were going to win, the underdog in me was rooting for the Saints! I mean c’mon, they do have a Sooner on their team!
I was about brought to tears when this magical moment happened
I mean seriously, you just don’t get sweeter than that!
I’m so excited for the city of New Orleans and the Saints players. Not only did some of the players win their first Super Bowl but they won the first one in franchise HISTORY. That’s one amazing feat! The video of Bourbon street after the game was awesome and I’m sure some of my extended family was out their celebrating too!
I’ll leave you with my all time favorite Super Bowl commercial. This one still has me on the ground rolling in laughter. OK Shankapotomus….
HAPPY MONDAY!
1 comment:
where were we?? how do you remember that?! who played the half time show in '03?
Post a Comment