April 3, 2010

girl date.

Back in December we, as in {he} and I went to a Christmas party at the golf course. While there we met a newly married couple B and M. M and I immediately hit it off and talked the whole night.

Brandon gave {him} his business card so that we could call to make plans to go out. With the holidays being so busy we just never got around to it.

A couple of weeks ago I asked a mutual friend for M's number. I knew she was new to Norman and hardly knew anyone our age, so I decided to make her my friend!

I was a nervous wreck trying to figure out what to text her. I went over it hundreds of times in my head before I came up with the "perfect one". {I felt like I was asking her out on a date! Is that how nervous guys get when asking out a girl?}

Luckily I didn't feel like a dumba** when she enthusiastically replied that she'd love to get drinks sometime.

So last night that's what we did!  We had dinner and drinks and one heck of a good time!

5 years ago I would have never done something like that...reached out to a practical stranger to make them my friend!

I'm so glad I did though! We are so much alike!

There was only one damper on the night.....
yes, that is my brand new, only worn twice, black pump I bought in Vegas. I'm not quite sure how this possibly happened considering I was sitting the whole night.

Mr. Madden will be getting a call from me shortly......

CHEERS TO NEW FRIENDS!

No comments: