April 20, 2010

the perfect pair.

Some people have a thing for shoes…..

I have a thing for jeans…..

I’m always in search for the perfect pair.

I don’t mind spending quite a bit of a money on my jeans for a couple of reasons.

  1. If I’m not at work, I’m more than likely in jeans. There are a few instances I’m not.{a hot summer day, at the lake, on the golf course} But for the most part {since I’m always cold} I wear them year round
  2. It’s a RARE occasion that jeans from mall stores fit me right. {either too short, fit weird in the hips, or the only size that fits me is a size I refuse to buy}
  3. Designer jeans fit like a glove, stretch less, and fade slower.

I have quite the criteria for jeans.

  • Dark wash
  • Medium rise {no plumber situations wanted}
  • Minimum stretching {they never tell you the truth in the store}
  • Skinny to Slim bootcut leg opening
  • Normal pockets {no beading or strange stitching}
  • Long enough to wear with heels {This can be difficult when you have a 34inch inseam}

In college is was Citizens of Humanity

{Style: Kelly Bootcut}

After college this style became impossible to find in Oklahoma and even harder to find in Dallas.

 

Lately I’ve mostly been wearing these….

William Rast is a line done by Justin Timberlake and his best friend growing up.

For the most part they are great jeans {don’t get their low rise unless you don’t mind showing your crack to the world}

These are my current fav.

{Style: Sadie}

Criteria Checklist:

  • Mid-rise…check
  • Straight leg…check
  • Minimal stretching…check
  • Dark wash…check
  • Normal pockets…check
  • Can wear with heels…check

But THESE are my new friend…..

A few weeks ago I read a post from Jenny on Little Green Notebook about these jeans from Gap. According to her they were getting RAVE reviews in blog land.

I decided to try them on at the mall last week. {my trusty $9.50 pair from Forever21 are starting to stretch beyond repair}

As soon as I slipped them on they felt like heaven. They meet EVERY requirement….epsecially one of the most important ones…

I’ve worn them 3 times and they have BARELY stretched!!!!

I have seriously found my new best friend and I’m considering ordering another pair just to keep as back up in case anything happens to them after Gap quits making them.

Oh the little joys in life….

Isn’t it funny how a single pair of jeans are really plural?

1 comment:

Emily @ EMILY POSTS said...

A size you refuse to buy?! That's offensive to 98% of the population!