I'm still skeptical...
Although he surprised me with answering all questions {maybe side-stepping a few}, I still wonder if he is being real or telling us all what we want to hear? He has such a monotone personality to begin with that it's hard to tell.
His answers about hugging players, talking more to fans, and showing his appreciation for the game of golf are all new things to come out of Tiger's mouth. He's always been so focused on winning the tournament that it was kind of nice to hear him talk about the other aspects of a tournament.
He seemed really excited to play this week. Several times he answered questions with a response about being eager to be there, excited to play, etc. He said he came back now because he was starting to get the itch to play again. I can only imagine how much it killed him ot to play those few months {I start to miss it after about 4 months and I don't even play that often!}
I was somewhat surprised by the questions that weren't asked. I thought there would be more about the mistresses and the scandal itself, But I'm not sure why I expected that from the mostly if not all male sports {golf} media.
1) They're guys, they aren't as curious about the scandalous details as we women are.
2) They aren't entertainment writers/reporters
3) The Masters would NEVER let paparazzi in
4) They might have been curious, but because the Masters is {a} HIGHLY secured and {b} one of the most respectful events in all of sports; I guess they kept their curious questions off the table.
Tiger was peculiarly answered the questions about the pain medicine and Ambien that was supposedly in his system the night of the car accident.... I'm pretty sure he's still hiding information about the events of that night.
It was interesting to hear Tiger talk about this Canadian Doctor, Anthony Galea. I don't know much about the Doctor other than he allegedly gave steroids to athletes. It was good that Tiger admitted on camera and without hesitation that Galea didn't give him steroids and that he had never taken any kind of illegal enhancement drug.
I had no idea Tiger had torn his Achilles Tendon! He definitely kept that hush-hush. You use that right ankle SO much in your swing that it couldn't have been torn all the way; but, I'm sure whatever tears he had in it were just as painful!
The treatments he referred to seem to be legit. I read a little about them and listened to several professional athletes talk about the procedure. All said it was a highly recommended treatment by several Doctors. If you have the resources, you'll do whatever it takes to get back to where you need to be quicker! {especially if it's legal!}
I was shocked not to hear more about Elin and the kids. He mentioned that he missed Charlie's 1st Birthday {that had to be such a hard consequence}, and was apologetic about the annoyance of paparazzi surrounding his family. But he round-aboutly answered questions pertaining to Elin, himself, and their relationship.You could tell that Elin was a really sore spot for him. It must still be VERY rocky at home {as to be expected}. How is she ever going to be able to trust him being out on the road again? If he was so good at lying to not only her, but those that traveled with him, how will she know he isn't doing it again? She is one BRAVE woman!
With her not coming to the tournament this week, I wonder how much they are communicating...what's really going on behind their closed doors?
I am really anxious to see Tiger play this week, especially the first round. I've heard thru the media rumor mill that his game isn't at his usual "Tiger Standard". Will this be another missed cut at the Masters?
I'm sure this tournament will be a hard one for him to play. He has to be wondering what questions will come next, how will the Thursday-Sunday crowds act, and how will his new mental state affect his game-time playing?
It was probably best that this was his first tournament back. The security at the Masters is like no other tournament. The media isn't allowed inside the ropes {which he mentioned could sometimes be around 100 people following his every shot} and the fans are the most respectful fans in the game of golf.
I have mixed feelings on if I want him to win or not, or if I'll be cheering for him should he make a Sunday appearance. I guess it depends on whom he's playing again and how he's playing.
The Masters is one of the most exciting weekends in sports to me...I like it even better since DVR was invented!I'll also be checking in from work on this amazing invention!
HAPPY MASTERS WEEK TO EVERYONE!

No comments:
Post a Comment