April 26, 2010

markets and horses and bands, oh my.

Busy weekend #2 was stellar!

Saturday Morning I work up early and went to the Farmer's photo22Market at the Cleveland County Fairgrounds. My boss and his wife at the University were always telling me about their purchases from there, so I just had  to see for myself!

I was slightly nervous {I'm always nervous when I go do something for the first time}, but once I stepped foot on the grounds it turned into excitement!

I had read a few articles about the market before I went so I was prepared with cash and knowledge. This early in the season, the market sells mostly plants but as the months move  on more and more fruits and vegetables will arrive! I was surprised by this because although there were a LOT of plants there was still TONS of food, even sweets and breads!

There was one booth that really stuck out. I'm kicking myself for not taking a picture of it, but the guy was selling 1200 thread count Egyptian cotton sheets. WHAT?!?!? Ya...I know...SO strange!

I walked around for the first 15 minutes just checking things out, then went back around and made all my purchases. It was so neat to go to each booth and see where each farmer was from.

30 minutes and $6.80 later, these were my purchases!

photo29

Leaving the Market I saw this…photo28 Not everyday you see 3 horses pulling in and parking at the gas station….

SATURDAY AFTERNOON, my office was having a "Pub Shuffle" before the Norman Music Festival.  What's a pub shuffle?! It was a mix between a pub crawl and a poker run. The object was to go to 7 places {bars} and get a playing card at each one. Once we returned to the office you would discard 2 cards and play your best hand. The winning hand received $75! Within each deck of cards was a card with a sticker, if you received that card, you won $10!

We started out at the office for food and pre-drinks and our first card. Then moved our way through:

Coaches {an oldie but goodie} McNellie's {the new place on Main Street} Bison Witches {also a fabulous sandwich place} Bill & Dee's {the Native American bar} The Blue Bonnet {Where the bartenders drink & smoke behind the bar, and the beer is chilled in refrigerators that are probably older than me} Blu {our usual hangout}

We ended back at the office for the awards ceremony

  • Best to blend in at the Blue Bonnet
  • Mostly likely to give pocket shots to underaged girls
  • Best Dancer
  • Best Pocket Shot Consumer
  • Most Crooked Dealer
  • Most Transformed
  • Mostly likely to wake up on Main Street on Sunday Morning

and somehow......

I won Best Dressed! ha ha I don't feel as though I completely photo37deserved it, but the voting was done by round of applause and then a judges decisions {thank you Nick and Joe} 

I've never won an award, and ESPECIALLY not a Best Dressed award, so I was pretty excited! I'll be bringing it framed to work on Monday!

We headed out on the street to listen to the bands {this was my first music festival}, but after an hour of standing around they still weren't playing!  SO I headed home to watch the 2nd half of the Thunder game! I was so happy to turn on the game at the start of the 2nd half and see how much we were winning by! I didn't make it thru the whole thing, but saw yesterday morning that we pulled out a 110-89 victory!  We're back to LA on Tuesday..I really hope we can pull out a W!

SUNDAY I did the usual workout, house cleaning, and getting ready for the week! I also cooked myself a meal with my market purchases! Salmon and the fixings!photo38 photo39

 

 

 

 

Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!

No comments: