Such disappointment last night.
My original pick for Winner of PJR season 7 was Jay, but he was put against Mila in Part 1 of the finale and lost. {Stupid decision by the judges, but whatever I’m over it}
So here were the 3 finalists.
EMILIO

Wow. He really surprised me. He’s a great sewer {if that’s how you want to say it}, but his designs are not great enough to have the high horse attitude that he does.
I loved the colors in his final show, and I would definitely buy most of his looks in the store, but that’s the problem. It was OVERLY
commercial!
PJR is all about WOWing the judges. Show the world what you are capable of! {i.e. Christian Siriano}
This outfit wasn’t my favorite, but the coat is quite spectacular. It was really innovative to come up with his name as a print, but I feel like his ego is a little ahead of his abilities. It’ll be interesting to see where he is 5-10 years from now.
MILA

I honestly don’t even know what she was doing in the final 3 except for that the judges didn’t want an all male final.
Her concept of shadows was interesting, but there was no color! NONE! You can’t expect to win PJR without any color. I don’t think ANYONE could have done it! Even Christian had a little bit of color!
These were the 3 designs she showed in part 1. I’m still not sure how she beat out Jay. {letting go of bitterness}
Her line, like Emilio’s was quite commercial. I did like quite a few of her pieces, but again, just not for PJR. Nothing exciting, nothing that made me go WOW.
SETH AARON

Going into the finale I knew there he would be the winner, there just wasn’t any way for him to lose. He was so much like Jeffrey from season 3.
SA used mostly black and white, but inserted color in a subtle yet brilliant way. His designs were never something I would wear, but that was the point! 
Throughout the season his clothes were sewn IMPECCABLY and there was no difference here! I’d say looking back on all the challenges, he deserved to win. He might have had some wacky, costume-y ideas, but they were almost always sewn perfectly and 100% him.
Congrats to Seth Aaron!
Final note: So glad Faith Hill was the guest judge! I just love her! {and her hot hubby}

Didn’t she look gorgeous?
No comments:
Post a Comment