April 23, 2010

so proud.

There couldn’t have been a better night in Oklahoma sports history than last night.

The Thunder won their FIRST playoff game in franchise history {only 2 seasons} against the defending world champs! I didn’t get to watch it, but the recaps and stories I’ve heard today make me so sad I wasn’t there!

We have a tough road ahead, 1 more game here Saturday night and then back to LA, but hopefully we’ll work our magic!

I read that it was one of the loudest sporting events anyone had ever been to. They even compared it to this night…..

That was 80,000+ people, it’s hard to imagine how almost 19,000 people could make that much noise, but I’m sure it was AMAZING!

Part 2 of the night….

The NFL draft.

WOW. 3 out of the top 4 picks is unheard of! Just shows you how much talent we really had in Norman!

It wasn’t a surprise to anyone that Sam went first {he looked so cute!}, and I wasn’t THAT surprised that McCoy went 3rd, but I was QUITE surprised {a fabulous surprise} that Trent Williams went 4th!

I’m not one to cry at random things on TV {movies are a different story}, but the moment a tear fell from Gerald McCoy’s eyes, my eyes welled up with tears. It was such an emotional moment to see his reaction.

He is such a special guy! He stepped on to the field at OU for the first time just 2 weeks after his mother passed away. He has incredible strength, and is known for having an amazing personality, crazy good work ethic, and a sense of humor like no other.

This is my favorite quote of his from last night, via bloomberg.com
“I’m real, real, real nice off the field, so a lot of people think I’m kind of soft,” he said. “Once I step across those white lines, I turn into an animal and I plan to bring that to Tampa.”

Love him!

I can’t leave out Jermaine Gresham! He was chosen #21 and will be a real star in the NFL once he’s back to 100%!

The draft couldn’t have gone any better for OU! I believe there are still 7 more OU players in the draft! I can’t wait to see where they end up!

I have a feeling we’ll be watching a LOT more NFL this coming fall!

What a great night to be an Oklahoman!

 

 

 

No comments: